Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Frail Humanity

Life. What can I say. There's so much to say about it.

Beautiful.

Cruel.

Broken.

Wonder.

Of course it depends on how one sees it.

But now, I mourn for a sister.
A sister in Christ I will always remember for her wit.

Ate Jenny's death was so sudden. I couldn't believe it. Her illness was new to me but I didn't think it could go as far as this. Taking her away from her family.

She was just celebrating life with her newborn. I believe she was looking forward to be a mom - to be a wonderful mother. 

I don't know what went wrong but I guess it's just really her time to go home. I mean, I know she was really taken care of, just because. She is lovable. When I see her, she's always radiant. Happy just like her older sister.

Now I wonder, did she left fulfilling her purpose?
What went wrong?

Death always reminds me how my life has been. Thoughts like, 'If someone died in my family, will they concern themselves the way I do?" Something selfish even at someone's death eh? But seriously, from one time to another, situations like this makes me evaluate how's my life. I don't know if it helps me clear my mind of what do I really want to do or what shall be my legacy. But sure one passes and you move to something uncertain - once again.

Death is the same as life as we know it, that's somehow what I believe. You live. Then die. When someone dies, somewhere in the world lives. No one really knows how long could our breathes could actually take hold and make the most of it. Our growth, in time, makes us count about it. Our stops and beginnings, make or break records, wants us either to slow or fasten along the journey.

Life is simple. You find your purpose: You're done.

And my Nanay underwent the same danger.
For 9 months she took care of herself, thrice.
Every minute her life was away, thrice.
Since then she gave herself, thrice.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment