Friday, September 2, 2016

Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him.

Why, my soul, are you downcast? 
Why so disturbed within me? 
Put your hope in God, 
for I will yet praise him, 
my Savior and my God.

Psalm 43:5


I hate myself for thinking
There's nothing good in me

Heart filled with unrighteousness
Mind polluted by envy
Tongue tied in lies
Eyes blinded by disgust

The silence of the night calls 
The words of entitlement press in
"You can do more, better, a lot"
Yes, I can if I will; Can't I?

The stars are out, the moon out of sight
My eyes await for my Savior
I just wanted is to be still, to be held
My prince where is thou peace?

And as the depth of your love engulfs
There is a wage of war in my bones
It shivers, it breaks, shattered into pieces
I wonder how it is still in its proper place
 
In the sound of your embrace 
My God, Let me rest my case
I incline my ear to hear You whisper
I lean myself so, so much closer

Bring me in a new horizon
Play the interlude of your grace
Let your angels dance before You
Let your mercy come anew
Let me remember
And never forget
My Lord, 
You are nearer

Had all this happened
You remain in control  
You are sovereign
You calm my soul

Let my mouth speak glory
Let my tongue sing praise
Let my heart beat worship
Let my hand raise bless

I hate myself for thinking
There's nothing good in me
But there's our Father's begotten Son
In His loving arms, my story is not yet done

No comments:

Post a Comment