Wednesday, September 28, 2016

SURPRISE

A week ago, I was asking God to surprise me for my birthday. I was telling Him what I want to have - Ecuadorian Roses from Blumes' Davao or Love Letters from favorite people or a message from Mr. Hi. I was giggling inside thinking about these but I was also battling it because I don't want to spend my birthday with these drives. I mean, what if any of these won't happen?

AND NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED. Yesterday, I celebrated my birthday with people I really admire. My day started with my sister nagging me about her comb that I left at the office. I was then the whole day sitting in front of my laptop working on deadlines, silent about the day. I spent the entire night meeting with people talking about God. 

It was not the day I imagined it should be. People celebrating in parties, everyone enjoying the good food and good company. SURPRISE, SURPRISE! As much as I wanted to celebrate it that way, but I guess I haven't realize why I should do that in the first place.

When we sow, there is to harvest. You see the irony? I wanted everyone to enjoy good food and good company but did I invest? No. So sad. And I am ministering to myself. Hahaha. Maybe I was used to let the other people do that for me. Maybe because I that's when I feel I am also important to them. When people make effort on special occasions.

Honestly, it felt lonely. A bit. But when I thought about the things that I do up to yesterday. I can't help but feel grateful. So thankful that God brought me into His pasture. So grateful that I have known the heart of my Father. So thankful that I have found purpose and love in obedience. So thankful to know that there's so much to pray because you know His will be done.

Everything up to this very day is a surprise for me. And it's because of His grace. The translation of His great love, not just for me but to everyone He created in His likeness and image. The way I respond. The way I can control my thoughts. It is because of Him. It is because someone loved me more than His very own that I can not afford to do the things that hurt Him.

Far be it that what He has started in us be put into waste because we stopped believing in the hope that He gave us in Jesus. God is a good, good Father. There are certain things in life that makes it impossible to believe but remember that's WHAT FAITH IS FOR. And believe it or not, God is on our side. He is for us, He is on the move and He will turn tides for you. He is more than willing and able to fulfill His promises in our lives. His Word will never return to Him empty, it will accomplish its purpose in us. 

Beloved, you are in the constant pursuit of His romance. Be prepared. Be excited. He who promised in faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment