Tuesday, August 25, 2020

sun to sun

The night he told me about those moments, I felt nothing. Like I heard stories like his before, and the redemption in Jesus' name. But now, as his stories just suddenly visit me, it's starting to sink in.

Right now, I feel deeply sad. Not because I'm disappointed, but because I know he was hurting all those times. I wish to could've wiped his tears when it all hurt so much. I wish to coul've held his hand when nothing made sense. I wish to could've sat beside him, at the least.

But in Your goodness and mercy, I know you allowed it to happen. In your loving kindness, I was not there in every moment. BECAUSE YOU WERE THERE, YOU ARE ALWAYS THERE. You wiped his tears when it all hurt so much. You held his hand when nothing made sense. You sat beside him, always. 

Now, I thank You Lord for the story that is yet to be told. I thank You for every life that You are making, sanctifying and refining. You look after us; not for a moment Your eyes turned away from us. You teach us to be courageous in the journey. You teach us where to find satisfying and everlasting joy.

Lord, I may never be the most wise person in this generation. I may never be pefect. I may never be very obedient bucause I always find it hard to. And there's nothing really I can offer you because I'm broken, worse unworthy. But I will rest in Your promise of hope in Jesus... Mynone amd greatest desore to honor and glorify You all the days of my life.

Our lives, O Lord. May it be a pleasing sacrifice to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment