Monday, January 14, 2013

Life of Pi

I just finished watching Life of Pi. And it was incredibly amazing. I believe it has a book and more than what the movie offered, I know it's beyond the word awesome.

I am in total awe watching the movie. If only I can put into words what is the state of my heart right now. Well, I started watching it about the climax (because I had to study for the quiz tomorrow) and it gave me heartbreaks as well as comfort along. 
 
When the tiger drowned.

When he killed the fish and asked for forgiveness.

When the night came.

When those flying fish came. 

When he tamed the tiger.

When he started to live with the tiger.

When he thought help was already at hand.

When he asked Richard Parker "What are you looking at. Talk to me. Tell me what you see."

When the storm came.

When he saw a glimpse of God.

When that poisonous island sprouted.

When he said "No one has seen that floating island since... And yet if i hadn't found those shores, I would have died. If I hadn't discovered the truth, I would have been lost, alone forever. Even when God seemed to have abandon me, He was watching. Even if he seemed indifferent to my sufferings, He was watching. And when I was beyond hope from saving, He gave me rest, that gave me a sign to continue my journey."

When he survived and realized "I wept like a child. Not because I was overwhelmed that I have survived.. I was weeping because Richard Parker left me so unceremoniously. He broke my heart... I spend the whole of life of letting go, but what hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye."

Those experiences were absolutely incredible. While watching, I was asking God why those things must come to happen. It was painful. It was scary. Then this quote from the book of the movie saidI was giving up. I would have given up - if a voice hadn't made itself heard in my heart. The voice said "I will not die. I refuse it. I will make it through this nightmare. I will beat the odds, as great as they are. I have survived so far, miraculously. Now I will turn miracle into routine. The amazing will be seen everyday. I will put in all the hard work necessary. Yes, so long as God is with me, I will not die. Amen.
This movie had me realize to never give up to wherever or whatever situation I'm in. This is life. I might be sailing on the wide pacific like I don't know how to survive but He is good to let me survive. He is good to make me live the life I think is impossible to. He is good to make me see that glimpse of glory in the middle of that deathly storm. He is good to deliver me from this hard life.

Because He said so. Because He promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment