Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Next Big Thing (Summit)

Before August left, I was able to meet awesome beings! 

Jen Gerodias-Diaz. A cosmetic entrepreneur - founder and CEO of Snoe Beauty Inc., which is soon to be launched internationally, spoke about her journey with Snoe in the yellow road, just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz did.

Ralph Manalo Wunsch. Founder and CEO of MetroDeal.com, an online selling site like Amazon and Ebay, which is nationally acclaimed, speaks how competitive nowadays to use the internet as means in business.

Leeroy New.A designer and an artist. He is basically a sculptor and turns out to be a versatile artist. He engages with international transactions from his abstract, distort and practical art works.

I am able to meet these people because of Pat. I was bothered by her missed calls and a message: call or text me when you're done. To know that she wanted me to grab the opportunity to join the summit, to know that she'll pay for it, and to know that she won't be coming with us (I am with Daryll). Of course I was a bit: whuuut?! But she hopeful of meeting Leeroy, a co-artist of the photographers (everywhere we shoot) she admire. And due to work constraints, she won't be able to come and thus passed that chance to me and Dar.

I was actually shock. But she always wanted to join summits, conferences, seminars like this. Actually I don't know why she wanted to but if you were to ask me, I want to be inspired to carry one and move, to believe and to be able to work "what you really want to," as they say.

Amongst the speakers, I was more into Leeroy's speech. Just as you know, arts really interest me. I know people say there's no money in it but, practically speaking, but as I see things from people who are working devotedly with passion, money comes to them, follow them, rather than 
be those who comes after money. Actually, I am not after money when I think I can be able to do what I really desired the most, to share my talent and inspire just lots of people out there who might be disappointed from their current status.

Well I can't say. I might just be someone regular. But I can also be someone who can be special. I don't know where I'll be going, I don't actually know what road to choose right now. All I know is that I see roads beyond. I am still walking and contemplating, with a branch on my hand brushing it like a maestro, whistling and sometime taking a glimpse of the sky bounded by the trees in the corners of my eyes.

Actually I was not really as excited as I was before. After the summit, I was thinking, asking Him if that's what He wants me to take part. Rather, I was challenged to really pursue arts in the future. I don't know which field I'll be taking in but I want to be as versatile as Leeroy, as much as possible. He was most linked to sculpture, and from there, ideas grew and branched his creativity into fashion, architectural and alike.

"I didn't want to be like him," I spoke to Pat and Dar while dinning. "I'll be a competitor."

I am considering industrial designs you know. I wanted to utilize what has been eminent and developed in me ever since. Leeroy was just so blessed to start his career when he's still in highschool - enjoying art at all cost. 

He has his portfolio is found with this site: http://leeroynew.com/
 
All of them faced risks, difficulties and criticisms. These people went through instances I believe which they reached the peak of having none. Ms. Jen, actually confessed about a time when she was really at lost yet she needs to continue. And she decided to invest it all. With hesitations and fear, I guess bugging her, she believed that God won't leave her after all she's gone through. And that was accounted to her. And look at Snoe now. Slowing climbing the international cosmetic competition.

"It does not matter how fast you get there," Ms. Jen speaks of the issue of using wealth as means of achieving the position where she is right now. "What really matters is you reach it."

"You are compelled to be inspired..." says Leeroy. This statement came after the question of how can you make profit of arts since its been a compartmentalized mentality in the locale that there's no money in it. So as to speak, Leeroy said that he was there not because of entrepreneurship or anything, he was there to speak art and just share about it.

I might not be a genius nor I have all the resources I need, but someday, somehow, I'll be able to reach it. I just need to take it slow, easy and never forget to enjoy every opportunity given to me. So just wait. I'll be able to meet what I'm supposed to meet, someday. Someday. Those desires will just collide with each other. Someday.

"If we walk far enough," said Dorothy, "I am sure we shall sometime come to some place." (Wizard of Oz by Lyman Frank Baum)

No comments:

Post a Comment