Sunday, September 16, 2012

Flipped - 2010 (Movie review)

Sorry naman sa late na panonood. You know, I'm not really a movie fanatic; I'd rather read than watch. Anyways, I just bumped in into this movie when I went over my friend's house for a birthday celebration. Well, before everything started, I found the group jaw-dropped with this movie. While the others were busy preparing for the party, the other side of the house were busy concentrating with this romantic-comedy teen movie. Based from a novel by Wendelin Van Draanen, I FLIPPED FOR THE MOVIE: FLIPPED. 

Blessed, I was able to watch 90% of it (i think). While watching it, everyone was like SSSH, KEEP QUITE! We were really drawn into the story. We can't let a single moment to slip by!

Juli Baker. Bryce Loski. 70's. Ugh~ Good boys. Good girls. Really, it makes me wonder how good could it be if kids nowadays can keep it just like the old times. Corny? But I find it romantic. Silly traditional way of confession. Oh em! So cute. What makes this movie so enticing is the he-she perspective of both protagonists. These perspectives shows assumptions and misunderstanding by both sides. I like Juli's intact with her family, strong character and smart decisions. And Bryce's acknowledgment of how he really feels about Juli - remarkable! He made me weak in the knees.

Juli: HIS DAZZLING EYES.
Bryce: I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HER.

The laboratory scene.
Bryce was caught off guard! HAHAHA.
Bryce Loski: There was a... bee in her hair.  
Dana Tressler: There's no bee.

The dinner scene.
This was another cute part. As Bryce already acknowledges his feelings for Juli, everything went flipped! Poor Bryce, he doesn't what to wear just to look good in front of Juli. What's worse was she, ignoring him and couldn't do anything but to stare back at her. :>> 

The bidding for the basketboys scene. 
This scene made me giggle at Bryce's frustrations about Juli being present in the event and the bid she'll have. :">


The (how should I word it) date (?) in the cafeteria (canteen) scene.
Who would've thought that Bryce could be desperate as that?
MY JULI. How's that? :> 




THERE'S JUST A LOT TO SEE IN THIS MOVIEEE.
Young people could notice how these individuals protected their being. Yes, they have allowed this new type of feelings to be a part of their lives, yet they never tried to take it for granted nor disregarded respect. Love this movie! The characters were good, reaaally good. :>

Note: I asked a male friend about how true are this young man's perspective, I was really awe to know that they really have these kind of thoughts running inside their heads when they fall in love. Boys do really fall in love do they? Oh me, so mean of me. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment