Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pride and Prejudice 2005 (Movie Review)






These are some of clips from the movie and some excerpts from the movie Pride and Prejudice, A very wholesome movie lead by Kiera Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen. Such a wonderful story. Full of "aaaaw ♥". For such a long time, I have already met the very famous Mr. Darcy~

Really, what amazed me most in this movie is that there were no kissing scene. It was purely wholesome, I tell you. It made me respected the guys who are so in-love and kind during that period. Mrs. Bennett, the mother, was really annoying - always putting her nose into her daughters lives. But I understand the hard work she's doing since she just wanted to make her daughters live a wonderful live. To think, their ways back then was cheap because they do not intend their daughters to work, to learn, but just stay at home be a refined woman and later find a man who she can be with for the rest of her life. And Bennett family is very blessed to have a father who understands the way of freely loving.

The movie shows the sisterhood of Jane and Elizabeth. It was really admiring. Even though they are in a certain age where nowadays we should get our lives seriously, they were different. So much different that I can sense the joy and the bond they have in each other. The family was very close - intimate. They were having an average life yet what makes it extravagant is the affection they have for each other; the support they obtain for a family member's happiness.

Definitely, being obedient to parents gives the best reward you could ever imagine!
I love how everyone speaks in this movie. So English. So lovely. So gentlemanly and lady-like. The curtsy, the ribbons, the handkerchief and the hats. I never imagined it can be that seriously that useful in finding a partner in life.

Medieval period. Awww. The dress. ♥_♥
I wanna watch the Atonement, the Young Victoria, the Other Boleyn Girl Ana Karenina and Les Miserables.

*Old English: I wish to have my leave here. I shall soon be on my comfort bed and begone in silence for hours under this beautiful cold night. I wish to see you again after tonight; So well then, I bid thee g'night, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment