Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I like playing dress up, got a problem with that?

A while ago, I was hooked up by the gown I found out together with my cousin. She'll be using it this Saturday - Junior & Senior Promenade, the event where all juniors and seniors are looking forward in High School.

The black and shinning-shimmering gold dusts in the net skirt.


I knew I'd like to see the stars that pretty under a dark sky.


Sorry to have that ad lib, anyways... I was thinking of using the idea on that skirt to be placed in my dress, also for an upcoming event this Sunday - Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (JPIA) Night. Well, I already had this dress which is simple yet it can be improvised through additional coats or whatsoever accessories. But what really caught my attention was that black net with gold dust in the gown's skirt. I really fell for it like, Lord, I wanna have this.

I have this idea of where to place it yet I don't have resourceful hands or experience in dress making that is why I was determined to have my mom sew it for me. Mehehe. Well, I told her my idea. I was planning to have it drawn and post it here so I could show you what I wanted to wear on the Sunday Night but I don't have much time for that tonight, so maybe let's have it some other day. She agreed to my favor under the condition of finances and... I'd be the one looking for the cloth. And, yeah... For the sake of my dreams, I'll be eager to find something like that, right Lord? :3

Since my dress was simple additional design would make it look more elegant like: My dress is tank topped style so my first plan was only to place a long loose sleeve on the left side (I guess) of the dress. I see it classy, specially that glitters on that black net-cloth really catches attention. While my second bet was to have a detachable skirt on it, having the same materials used but in a different design. A black satin for the hip-belt, black and gold net-cloth and smooth black satin for the skirt. Then for the design, I was thinking of making it short in front then long at the back - you know that design well, it's popular nowadays. Sorry I don't know how to describe it but it's beautiful.

But I'm thinking that maybe I'm overdoing things but... I love to do this. Mix and match. Colors. Gowns. Skirts. Dresses. Medieval. Victorian. Renaissance. I love all these ages. And of course, I don't plan to exterminate the fact that I can't have everything. Yes, I just can't have. What I have for now will satisfy me but I won't limit myself from there. There's going to be a lot of chances once I won't be able to have it, so I won't give up. Every chance I'll have, I'd go and get it.

I praise You God for this day. Even if it was a whole rainy day, it was a blast. Thank You for giving my cousin a wonderful dress for her Prom Night. I believe, it's going to be a lovely night for her. Thank You for Your protection for her and for giving her confidence of Your beauty on the 23rd. Thank You Lord. Thank You so, so much!

Here's a secret for you, if you ask me why I'm inspired of dressing up as much as the best? Here's the answer... I won't limiting myself in dressing up if it's something that I and God cherishes. I mean, I don't know but I'm really, really happy. I know He doesn't want me to settle for less. Long time ago, I decided to become pretty for this night and I know that without His provision, without this desire, passion and hard work, I won't be able to. He's the one providing and I'm just patching things up. I don't want to limit myself anymore. I want to show the world that everything came from Him; that someday, if I become someone who can inspire others, it's all because of Him that I can help others as bountiful as He have been to me. I'm not saying I'm rich at my state, for I'm not. It so happened that I like beautiful things as He does and then from a give and take relationship, we are making the best out of it. That's how it is. He really is lovely. He is faithful. I really love You Lord! I might be overwhelm by His goodness, but let it be. It delights my soul to give Him all the honor and glory for the things that had happened, is happening and will happened. All glory and praise to our God! Thank You Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment