Saturday, April 11, 2020

day thirty five

Lord, when your death
was confirmed on the cross
I remember my hopelessness
The life that I delighted from afar
was taken away
not just by a mere distance
Where would I be?
What would be after?
Lord, will you come back?

My world was starting to shake
the moment I couldn't grasp
any life from You
The silence was deafening
Is this the end of it all? 

When all is said and done
When guilt and shame I have found 
I will use up every bit of faith that holds me
I'll be on my knees wishing for You to come
"This is all that I am, 
This is all that I can do, 
Lord, my life I offer to you, 
may it be a pleasing sacrifice to you."

I am but a short breath
My life is fleeting
with no direction
nor purpose for anything 
When you came
though everything didn't make sense
I have found life
overflowing and full
with nothing to compare

But now that You've left
There was a great hole in my chest
I knew You were leaving
But I still found myself unprepared
But God, I will continue
to believe in what You said
I will continue to trust
I will continue to my love in the line
Patiently silent and waiting
I will fight for the dark nights
Until You come again
Until I hear You call me out again

No comments:

Post a Comment