Wednesday, April 22, 2020

"You will do well to send them on their journey in a manner worthy of God." 3 John 1:6

To all the leaders that has probably thought of all the possible ways to help cultivate the growth of their people,

"You will do well".

I know its kind'a frustrating right now, specially we're in the midst of a pandemic where there's nothing we can do... We'll in the first place, we can't really do nothing for a anybody's growth. We can lead and encourage, but remember we can not impose. They will learn according to the decisions that they will make. They will grow how God intended so... Quite an enlightenment right?

A while ago, I complained about a few people. Not realizing I should've prayed instead. Not long enough my sentiment, I was reminded by God. As I was reading 3 John today, I didn't know how it'll minister to me, but I was expectant. I was particularly stuck with v. 3, "You will do well to send them on their journey in a manner worthy of God." It was an assurance, I told myself, not to worry about the ladies. God knew I'll reach the point of worrying, complaining. It somehow actually led me getting afraid and insecure. But then again, just like all the superheroes, Jesus came to save my day. 

v. 3, in other translations are implorations not to give up on people's journey. So yes, actually, that verse is not just an assurance that we will do well, but also an encouragement to do we while we have not yet reached the point of letting them be. You know, ever since discipleship, I've always distinguished it similar to parenting. And a picture that have always stuck to me about it, was about how tiger cubs are left by their own at the age of three. 

We're not going to be forever be in their side, they will have to go somewhere and lead and live a life... And our hopes here that wherever they may be, the seed we have planted in them will grow into a healthy tree and bear sweet fruits. The soil, it's a good soil. God has cultivated it. The seed, God has provided, let us sow it. And the growth, it will come from the Sun (the Son) and all the seasons.

So beloved leader, dear one, do not give up walking with others. 
God is your greatest portion; His consolation will bring you joy.
He will make your feet like the deer's to make you tread and stand on high places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment